Faculty/Staff Panel

Student Panel


Student Panel
Faculty/Staff Panel

FAQs & Tutorials

Helpful Tutorials/Materials

Blackboard & Webmail

To access the OneACCS student email system, select student email in the student panel to the left of your screen. Choose “Sign In” in the top right corner. Your email address is A#@snead.edu. (This means your personal A number @snead.edu.) Your password is !SNEADMMDDYY (with the MMDDYY being your six-digit birthdate). You must include the exclamation point in the password. If you have any issues or need further assistance, please contact Jerri Gullion via email at jerri.gullion@snead.edu. Please provide your A number and birthdate in the correspondence.  

Daily. The College regularly sends notices through your student email about upcoming activities, changes in course schedules, and other important information such as financial aid. It is also important to keep your inbox cleared so new mail can be received without issues. 

Click the Blackboard link under the Student Panel on the left side of any page on Snead State’s website. Enter your complete Snead State email address as your Username. Enter the same password that you use for OneACCS and Snead State student email as your password. Your default password is !SNEADmmddyy where mmddyy is your 6-digit date of birth. Click Sign In to be redirected to Blackboard.

You may email the Distance Learning Department at DL@snead.edu.

Campus Life

The photo Student ID badge may be used to gain free admission to the College’s athletic events, special fine arts events, and any other student activity sponsored by Snead State. Some businesses also provide student discounts, and the Student ID badge can be provided as proof of enrollment. Student IDs may be obtained in the Academic Success Center during normal business hours.

You can obtain information through the Office of Campus Engagement, located in the Academic Success Center, or you may attend Club Rush, held once during the fall semester and once during the spring semester. Club Rush brings all of the clubs together in one location, and students can visit the different booths to learn more about the clubs and how to become involved. Notification of the dates and times for Club Rush will be sent through student webmail and will be announced through the College’s social media accounts (FacebookTwitter and Instagram – @sneadstatecc).

There is a built-in break within each class day that lasts from approximately 10:30 a.m. until 10:59 a.m. Clubs and organizations typically meet during this time, and other student activities may be planned during this time. 

The Snead State Cafeteria serves lunch Monday through Friday from 10:30 a.m. until 1:30 p.m. The student lunch price is $6. The SSCC Cafeteria is open to the public as well. NOTE: The Snead State Cafeteria is not open for food service during the 2020-2021 academic year due to safety concerns regarding the COVID-19 pandemic.

There is a federal Work-Study program for students who have applied and received a Pell grant. Students may complete an application in the Financial Aid Office.

Yes, you will need access for any English class you take. The Snead State Library is located in room 105 of the Administration Building and offers access to over 70 databases as well as over 50,000 electronic books. Please visit the Library Services page for resources and more information.

Computer labs are available in some classroom buildings, the Academic Success Center (ASC) Building, and the Library (Administration Building).

Parking permits may be obtained in the Academic Success Center. You may get your permit prior to the beginning of the semester or during designated times established at the beginning of the semester. Students will be notified of those designated times through their student webmail. Students must show a valid driver’s license to obtain a parking permit. There is no charge for the first parking pass.

Each building has a designated parking area close by, and campus maps are available showing the lots students can use. It is recommended that you arrive in plenty of time before your classes begin in order to find a place to park and walk to class. Parking in an undesignated area and/or a handicapped parking space will result in ticketing by Security.

The bookstore, managed by Barnes and Noble College, is located in the Boaz Outlet Center. For more information, call (256) 593-1861.

Financial Aid

Familiarize yourself with the College Satisfactory Academic Progress Standards!
Each time you fail, withdraw from, or receive an incomplete grade in any class it counts against your Satisfactory Academic Progress. In order to receive federal aid (Federal grants and Student Loans), you must complete a certain percentage of the classes you begin, and you must maintain a satisfactory GPA. Example: In your first semester of college, you register for 16 credit hours. You earn A’s in three of your classes (9 credit hours), but you withdraw from two classes (7 credit hours). Your completion rate for your very first term is 56%; you have not made Satisfactory Academic Progress and are at risk of losing your aid for the next semester!  It is very important that you speak directly with the Financial Aid Office if you are uncertain about how withdrawals and/or failure to pass affect your Financial Aid. Do not take your friend’s advice; do not assume it will be ok to just drop one class.  Knowing the College SAP policy and staying on top of it is the single most important thing you can do to insure there is no interruption in your financial aid. The complete Satisfactory Academic Progress Policy can be found in the SSCC Catalog online. Satisfactory Academic Progress is calculated at the conclusion of each semester. Students who are not making SAP are notified via student email accounts.

  • Have your financial aid complete and awards accepted prior to the first day of class. 
  • Attend all classes to verify your enrollment for financial aid. 
  • Your tuition and fees are automatically deducted from your aid.

Registered financial aid students are allowed to make bookstore charges against financial aid during the published bookstore charge window each semester. Take a copy of your schedule to the Snead State bookstore, and if you have available financial aid, you may apply the charges to your account. 

If you receive Federal Title IV aid (Pell grant, SEOG, Student Loans) and withdraw from all your classes, fail all your classes, or receive an incomplete grade in all your classes, Snead State will calculate the amount of aid you did not earn. If it is determined that you received aid you did not earn, the funds will be returned to the appropriate program, and you will be billed by the College. 

The Financial Aid Office is located on the second floor of the McCain Student Center, located on Elder Street in Boaz. You may contact the Financial Aid Office at finaid@snead.edu or call 256-840-4107. You are also welcome to follow our Financial Aid Facebook Page for the latest news and updates. Students do not have to be enrolled full time to receive the Pell Grant. You must be enrolled in at least six credit hours to receive Student Loans. Scholarship enrollment requirements are varied by scholarship and are noted in your scholarship contract.

General Information

  • The hours of operation for the Student Services and Business Offices on the Boaz campus are Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
  • The Arab Instructional Site is open Monday-Thursday from 7 a.m.-4 p.m. and Friday from 7 a.m.-Noon. Due to limited staffing at the Arab Instructional Site, the hours of operation are subject to change.
  • The Aviation College is open Monday through Thursday 8 a.m. until 4 p.m.
  • Admissions/Records/Recruiting Offices:  Technology Building, Office 102
  • Business Office (Cashier):  Technology Building, Office 101
  • Financial Aid Office:  Bevill Center, Office 106
  • TRIO: Bevill Center, Office 102 

Boaz Campus (Student Services/ Business Offices close at noon on Fridays)
Phone: (256) 593-5120
Fax: (256) 593-7180
Mailing Address: P.O. Box 734, Boaz, AL 35957

Arab Site
Phone: (256) 840-4116
Address: 161 S. Main Street, Arab, AL 35016

Aviation College
Phone: (256) 571-0623
Address: 24 Aviation Way, Albertville, AL 35950


You should apply for graduation at the beginning of the semester prior to the one in which you expect completion. For example, if you plan to finish requirements in the spring, you should apply at the beginning of the previous fall semester.  This allows us to evaluate your records and make sure that you are on track to finish requirements. 

Use this link: Application for Degree/Certificate. You can also get one in the Admissions Office located in the McCain Student Center.  Completed, signed applications may be scanned and submitted online to admissions@snead.edu, or they may be faxed to 256-593-7180. 

No. Although we would love for everyone to participate in Commencement, we realize that some may wish not to or have prior commitments that prevent them from attending.  If you do not participate in the annual Commencement Ceremony in May, your diploma will be mailed to you.  It usually takes approximately 5 weeks to receive your diploma in the mail.  You should make sure that we have your correct mailing address on your Application for Degree/Certificate.

After you submit your Application for Degree/Certificate, you will receive a letter detailing the requirements that you lack.  The letter will include classes that you are currently registered for because you have not completed them yet.  You should use this letter as a checklist for your remaining requirements.  If you have questions about your letter, please contact Jason Cannon at jcannon@snead.edu or (256) 840-4150. 

Students may receive more than one degree based on the following stipulations: 1) In order to graduate with a second transfer (AS) degree 16 additional hours must be earned at SSCC in a specific program of study after the first degree is awarded. 2) Program-specific courses are completed for each different program of study that leads to a different AAS degree. Only one degree will be awarded for each program of study.3) Although multiple degrees within the same program are not allowed, multiple certificates may be earned upon completion of additional course requirements for track options within the same program.In all options above, the student must have a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 or above; have taken at least 25% of the program courses at Snead, be in good standing at the time requirements for the degree are completed; meet all requirements for graduation; and have no outstanding obligations in any of the administrative offices.

Your diploma will be mailed to you.  It takes approximately 5 weeks after grades are submitted to receive your diploma in the mail.  You should make sure that we have your correct mailing address on your Application for Degree/Certificate.


  1. Go to www.snead.edu, and select OneACCS at the top of the home page.
  2. Enter your username which is the same as your student webmail – your personal student number (A#) and then @snead.edu (AXXXXXXXX@snead.edu).
  3. Enter your password, which is !SNEAD and then your birthdate in the format MMDDYY (!SNEADMMDDYY). Note: You must use the exclamation point at the beginning.
  4. Click on the Student tab
  5. Click on Registration.
  6. Click on “Add/Drop/Withdraw Classes”.
  7. Register for classes.

Most degree plans require the same basic classes, so freshmen – especially those who haven’t declared a major – can register for courses such as Speech, English, Math, Science and History. Students whose placement scores indicate needed developmental courses should take those within the first two semesters of enrollment. All students should strive to take Math and English courses in the first semester as well. Some courses are only offered during certain semesters, and some have prerequisites you must complete before registering for the class. This information is outlined in the course description portion of the College Catalog. Consult your faculty advisor to review your degree plan prior to registration each semester.

You must be enrolled in a minimum of 12 credit hours to be considered a full-time student. However, you are encouraged to enroll in 15 credit hours each semester to stay on track for earning your degree. Financial Aid options may also have credit hour requirements. Student loans require enrollment in at least 6 credit hours. Most scholarships require 15 credit hours. It’s important to know the terms of your scholarship/financial aid and follow them carefully. Also consider how many semesters you plan to be at Snead and how many semesters your financial aid will cover. For example, if you do not plan to attend Summer terms, you will probably need to take more than 12 hours during the Fall and Spring terms.

A regular semester lasts 16 weeks. A mini term lasts 8 weeks. Regular semester classes typically meet two days per week while mini classes meet every day. Many students prefer the daily mini term classes because they provide more focus on the material.

No, but you should see your advisor to review your degree plan prior to registration, especially if you are a new student or if you have changed your major or program of study.

Students are expected to pay for classes when they register. The College sets specific dates each semester when students’ courses are auto-dropped from their schedule for non-payment. These dates are published on the College Academic Calendar. Ultimately, it is the student’s responsibility to track his/her class schedule. Students who register after the last drop for non-payment date are responsible for charges regardless of whether they attend class.

Students can view their balances and make payments by logging into their OneACCS accounts. To access account information after logging into OneACCS: (1) Select Snead State Community College from the drop-down menu; (2) Click on Students; (3) Select View Account and Make Payments; (4) Click on Account Detail for Term; and (5) Select the appropriate term. The field Account Balance net of Authorized Financial Aid will display account balances after all anticipated financial aid has been applied.

Student Services

Beginning this fall, Snead State transitioned from mySnead to OneACCS, a new, easy-to-use software system. OneACCS is the access point to your student records and information at SSCC. This is where you will register for classes, withdraw from classes, view admissions information, find financial aid records, access your grades, view/print/request academic transcripts, and many other things while you are a student. The link to OneACCS is located in the student panel to the left of your screen. Once you select OneACCS, click on Snead State Community College in the drop-down menu.

Blackboard is the learning management system that Snead State uses to facilitate online courses and to supplement all other courses. Whether you are taking a fully online course, a hybrid course, or a course that meets on campus, you will use Blackboard. For online courses, and possibly hybrid courses, it is important that you log in to Blackboard on the first day of the term and complete the attendance assignment to verify your participation in the course. Face-to-face courses normally verify attendance at the start of the semester by calling roll.

There is a link to Blackboard under the Student Panel located on the left side of the Snead State website (https://www.snead.edu) that will direct you to the ACCS single sign-on login page. Your username is your complete Snead State email address (A#@snead.edu), and the default password is !SNEADmmddyy, where mmddyy is your six-digit date of birth. (NOTE: Be sure to include the exclamation mark at the beginning of the default password and to capitalize SNEAD). These are the same login credentials that you use to access OneACCS and your student email.

For more information, please visit the Online Learning Student Resources page. Questions concerning Blackboard may be emailed to DL@snead.edu.

Students at Snead State who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university in the state of Alabama will need to print and follow a STARS Guide (Statewide Transfer and Articulation Reporting System). This agreement guides students through the first two years of coursework at community colleges and ensures the transferability of the coursework listed within the guide. To generate a STARS Guide for your major and four-year college choice, visit http://stars.troy.edu/ and follow the directions to “Get the Guide.”

The Academic Calendar is the official college calendar that lists important dates and deadlines for students. It includes information such as the registration deadlines, withdrawal deadlines, and financial aid dates. The academic calendar also lists dates that auto-drops occur for non-payment (when courses that have not yet been paid for are dropped from a student’s schedule). It is extremely important that all students become familiar with the Academic Calendar. It may be found by visiting the Snead State webpage (www.snead.edu), clicking on “Current Students,” and then selecting “Academic Calendar.”

The College Catalog provides course names, numbers and descriptions for scheduling and advising purposes. It also includes the academic calendar and college policies. The College Catalog is located at www.snead.edu under the ‘Current Students’ tab. The Student Handbook is a guide to help prepare students during their time at SSCC. It includes tips for success, students’ rights and responsibilities as a student, facility information, and Snead fun facts. The Student Handbook is located at www.snead.edu under the “Current Students” tab.

Students may withdraw from a class online through their OneACCS account under the Registration tab. This is a secure site which requires authentication to log-on. There will be a few days that online withdrawal will not be available due to account payment finalization. Important dates for each term are available on the college calendar. Withdrawing from classes can affect financial aid status. Students are encouraged to check with the financial aid office prior to withdrawing from class.

Classes can be dropped online with no charge to the student during the regular add/drop period which runs through the last day to register each semester. After the last day to register, you will be charged for all classes on your schedule. Please note: refunds after the start of classes are only given for complete withdrawals and are subject to the published refund schedule (on the website and in the College Catalog). Questions related to refunds may be directed to the SSCC Business Office located in Office 101 of the Technology Building.

Current and past students can use the online ordering system. Click on OneACCS, select Snead State Community College from the drop down menu, enter your student number and PIN (six-digit birthdate in the format of MMDDYY), and open the Student tab.  All transcript requests are processed within 48 hours if received during normal business hours. Requests received over weekends and holidays will be processed once the college reopens. Alternative options for ordering academic transcripts are found on the Snead website under the Alumni & Friends tab.

Click on OneACCS at the top of www.snead.edu, select Snead State Community College from the drop-down menu, enter your student number and PIN (six-digit birthdate in the format MMDDYY), and click on the Student tab. You can view and print a copy of your transcript.

Click on OneACCS at the top of www.snead.edu, select Snead State Community College from the drop-down menu, enter your student number and PIN (six-digit birthdate in the format MMDDYY), and click on View Grades. No grade reports are mailed. Once grades are uploaded to your transcript, they will no longer appear here.

Students wishing to change their majors must complete a change of major form and submit it to the Advising Center in the Story Administration Building. After discussing the major change, students will be directed to print a new Alabama Transfers guide and make an appointment with their new faculty advisor. A student who desires to make a program of study/major change and is unable to come to the campus may send a written request via his/her secured Snead student email account to advising@snead.edu

Students at Snead State who plan to transfer to a four-year college or university in the state of Alabama will need to print and follow a STARS Guide (Statewide Transfer and Articulation Reporting System). This agreement guides students through the first two years of coursework at community colleges and ensures the transferability of the coursework listed within the guide. To generate a STARS Guide for your major and four-year college choice, visit http://stars.troy.edu/ and follow the directions to “Get the Guide.”

Email Ms. Tonya Shields at tshields@snead.edu or fax (256-593-7180) a written statement with your signature, social security number, and a photocopy of your ID stating that you would like a copy of your scores. If you want your scores to be sent to another institution, you must provide the correct mailing address.

The Snead State Community College Career Coach assists both current and potential students with free career services, including career assessment, one-on-one personal coaching, interview skills and resume building and assistance for completing financial aid forms. The Career Services Office is located on the first floor of the Administration Building. You may contact the Career Services Office at kasey.romine@snead.edu or (256) 571-0638.