Welcome to Snead State Community College!
What is Parson Days? Parson Days is the new student orientation at Snead State Community College. Parson Days is more than just registering for classes; it’s about preparation. We want to take away the uncertainty of what to expect and equip you with the knowledge to navigate your college experience with confidence.
PARSON DAYS 2023 SCHEDULE
NOTE: You must complete the Parson Days checklist before you can sign up for a Parson Days session.
- July 20 – 8:45 AM, 12:45 PM
- July 21 – 8:45 AM, 12:45 PM
- July 22 – 8:45 AM, 12:45 PM
- July 24 – 8:45 AM, 5:45 PM*
- July 25 – 8:45 AM, 12:45 PM
- July 26 – 8:45 AM, 12:45 PM
*Reserved for Adult Learners
Sessions last about 2 hours. All sessions are located on the Boaz campus.
PARSON DAYS ORIENTATION CHECKLIST
- Apply for Admissions to Snead State at snead.edu/apply If you have already applied, login to your student application portal at snead.edu/apply to view your decision letter and admissions checklist. (You will log in using the email and password you used to complete the admissions application.)
- Have your final and official high school or GED transcripts with the graduation date printed on it mailed from the high school or sent from a transcript sending service, such as Parchment, to the Snead State Admissions Office. Official college transcripts are also required if a student has completed college courses at another college. Transcripts must be sent officially from the institution to the Snead State Admissions Office. NOTE: High school or GED transcripts are required to determine the first level of placement for a student. Students cannot be placed without official high school or GED transcripts.
- If applicable, submit ACT/SAT/AP or CLEP scores officially from the testing website to the Snead State Admissions Office. If you graduated before 2019 and do not have previous college credit, you will need to take the Accuplacer Placement Test. If you graduated high school since 2019 with a school GPA below 2.75, you will need to take the Accuplacer Placement Test.
- Do you plan to transfer to a four-year college or university in the state of Alabama? If so, then you will need to print and follow an Alabama Transfers Guide. Login to your student application portal at snead.edu/apply and click on Alabama Transfers, or go to alabamatransfers.com to get the guide. Be sure to bring your Alabama Transfers Guide to Parson Days.
- Login to your OneACCS student portal to check your program of study and financial aid status.
- If you have not completed the FAFSA, go to snead.edu/tuition-aid for more information.
Once checklist has been completed, SIGN UP HERE starting July 3. You will only need to sign up for one session.
If unable to attend in-person, take advantage of our Parson Days 2023 Virtual Orientation HERE, starting July 26!