Paying for College
How to pay for college is a concern for many students. The Financial Aid Office at Snead State Community College provides information and counseling about federal, state and institutional aid programs and scholarships that may help you to achieve your educational goals. To apply for aid, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid.
Some of the financial aid assistance available to qualifying students includes: Alabama Student Assistance Program (ASAP), Federal Direct Loans, Federal Pell Grant, Federal Supplemental Educational Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG), Federal Work Study (FWS), Prepaid Affordable College Tuition Program (PACT), Institutional and Endowment Scholarships, Trade Readjustment Act (TRA/TAA), Veteran’s Benefits, and Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA).
Steps to Apply for Aid
1. Apply for Admission
- Apply for admission to the College and submit all admissions requirements in order to be eligible for financial aid.
2. View Financial Aid Timeline
- View our Financial Aid Timeline for important dates and deadlines.
3. Complete the FAFSA
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) online.
4. Submit Requested Documents
- Watch for communication from the College regarding any additional documents needed once we receive your FAFSA (Typically 3-5 business days after it is submitted). Submit any requested documents to the College in a timely manner in order for financial aid offer to be packaged.
5. Submit the Scholarship Application
- Complete and submit a scholarship application to the financial aid office by the deadline. View applications and deadlines.