We want to help you succeed!
You may be a new student; a student with previous college experience; a current student; a returning student; or a transient student needing to take one class or complete a degree program.
Whatever your status, an advisor will meet with you to ensure that your academic experience at Snead State is a success.
Virtual Advising Appointment
- Schedule a Virtual Advising appointment
- Available summer and fall 2020 during regular business hours: Monday-Thursday, 8am – 4pm.
For a live, online meeting, schedule an appointment through the website, and you will receive a confirmation email containing a “Join Teams Meeting” button that you will use at the time of the appointment to join the web conference with your advisor. The Microsoft Teams web conferencing app works with PCs and Macs as well as with a number of current web browsers.
NOTE: You will need a webcam, microphone, and speakers/headset to communicate with your advisor during the advising appointment.
If you do not have a home computer/internet, a limited number of computers will be available in the library, located in the Administration Building, for virtual advising appointments during regular business hours. If you come to campus, please comply with Alabama Department of Public Health social distancing guidelines.
New Student Advising
- We want to ensure you get a good start at Snead State! Our advisors will answer your questions and make sure you complete the steps necessary to begin classes. View New Student Advising Checklist.
- Whether you are choosing a major or exploring different career options, it’s never too early to meet with a Career Advisor. We will help you from day one! View Career Advising information.
- Academic Advisors help students select the right courses and stay on track to graduate and/or transfer. Students should meet with an Academic Advisor each semester before registering for classes. View Academic Advising information.
Changing Your Major?
- Thinking of Changing your Major? We can help with that, too.