We want to help you succeed!
You may be a new student; a student with previous college experience; a current student; a returning student; or a transient student needing to take one class or complete a degree program.
Whatever your status, an advisor will meet with you to ensure that your academic experience at Snead State is a success.
Virtual Advising Appointment
- Schedule a Virtual Advising appointment
- Available summer and fall 2021 during regular business hours: Monday-Thursday, 8 am – 4 pm.
For a live, online meeting, schedule an appointment through the website, and you will receive a confirmation email containing a “Join Teams Meeting” button that you will use at the time of the appointment to join the web conference with your advisor. The Microsoft Teams web conferencing app works with PCs and Macs as well as with a number of current web browsers.
NOTE: You will need a webcam, microphone, and speakers/headset to communicate with your advisor during the advising appointment.
If you do not have a home computer/internet, a limited number of computers will be available in the library, located in the Administration Building, for virtual advising appointments during regular business hours. If you come to campus, please comply with Alabama Department of Public Health social distancing guidelines.
New Student Advising
- We want to ensure you get a good start at Snead State! Our advisors will answer your questions and make sure you complete the steps necessary to begin classes. View New Student Advising Checklist.
- Whether you are choosing a major or exploring different career options, it’s never too early to meet with a Career Advisor. We will help you from day one! View Career Advising information.
- Academic Advisors help students select the right courses and stay on track to graduate and/or transfer. Students should meet with an Academic Advisor each semester before registering for classes. View Academic Advising information.
DegreeWorks is a web-based tool to help students and advisors monitor a student’s progress toward degree completion. DegreeWorks at Snead State is aligned with the STARS Transfer Guide to help make sure that courses will transfer. DegreeWorks combines the Snead State’s degree requirements and the coursework completed into an easy-to-read worksheet that helps students and advisors see how completed courses count toward degree requirements. DegreeWoks is designed to aid advising, but is not intended to replace face-to-face advising sessions.
The degree audits produced by DegreeWorks are dependent on a student’s program of study/pathway. Information is extracted from the student’s OneACCS portal into DegreeWorks on a nightly basis. DegreeWorks audits are used for graduation evaluations, so students and advisors should know at any time where the student is in relation to completing their degree or certificate.
Changing Your Major?
- Thinking of Changing your Major? We can help with that, too.