Faculty/Staff Panel

Student Panel


Student Panel
Faculty/Staff Panel

Transfer Students

If you have attended a college other than Snead State after high school or GED graduation, but you now wish to enroll at Snead State, you are considered a Transfer student.

Transfer students should follow these steps to apply:

1. Submit Online Application

Complete and submit the Online Application for Admission.

2. Complete Residency Form

You have two options for completing and submitting the residency form. You may complete it and submit it electronically, or you may print and sign the Signature/Residency Form.  This form may be delivered, mailed, or emailed to the Office of Admissions (admissions@snead.edu).

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 734, Boaz, AL 35957
Boaz Campus: 220 North Walnut Street, Boaz, AL 35957
Our Admissions Office is located in the Technology Center.

3. Provide Proof of ID

According to Alabama Board of Education Policy 801.01, all students must provide an unexpired government issued photo ID for admission to Alabama community colleges. You can present this ID electronically, in person, or send a legible copy via email.

Examples of acceptable government issued photo IDs include:

  • An unexpired state-issued driver’s license
  • An unexpired state-issued identification card
  • An unexpired U.S. passport
  • An unexpired U.S. permanent resident card
  • An unexpired military ID card

4. Take the Accuplacer Assessment or Submit Appropriate Test Scores

The Accuplacer Assessment is a placement test that can be taken in place of appropriate placement scores for necessary placement into Math or English course.  

Accuplacer is offered in the Academic Success Center on the Boaz campus Monday through Thursday from 8 AM until 12 PM by appointment only.  (Students wishing to take it at the Arab Instructional Site should call 256-840-4116.) 

ACT, SAT and High School Transcripts can be evaluated for Math and English placement. Please email studentservices@snead.edu to find out what type of placement is appropriate for you.  

Note: Due to safety concerns regarding COVID-19, Accuplacer testing is available only by appointment or through an online proctoring company called Examity. Students who walk into the testing center will not be able to take the Accuplacer test without first making an appointment. 

Students interested in taking the Accuplacer through Examity must have a computer that meets Examity/Accuplacer requirements for software, audio, and video. There is also a $25 fee for the online proctoring service. 

Students making an appointment to come to the testing center must bring a photo ID and adhere to the College’s COVID-19 procedures, such as wearing a mandatory mask, completing a signed waiver, responding to mandatory questions, and submitting to a temperature check. 

Official documentation of successful completion of previous college level courses may exempt a student from needing placement. 

5. Provide Official Transcripts

All Transfer applicants must submit to the Office of Admissions at Snead State official transcripts from all previous colleges attended, as well as an official transcript documenting high school/GED graduation.

It is the student’s responsibility to request that these transcripts be sent to Snead State.  For convenience, you can download the Transcript Request Form. Please note that some colleges charge a processing fee for transcripts.

Students who have achieved a minimum of a Baccalaureate degree are only required to submit a transcript from the granting institution for admission to the college. However, you may need to submit other transcripts for evaluation of transfer credit.

Items Needed for Transfer Application

  • The Snead State Application for Admission
  • One primary form of identification (unexpired government issued photo ID)
  • Signature/residency form
  • Official college transcripts from all previously attended institutions of higher learning

General Information

  • All required documents for transient students may be emailed to admissions@snead.edu.
  • All transcripts must be sent officially in a sealed envelope or through an official electronic transcript service.
  • The signature residency form requires a hand signature.

Snead State Community College has an open-door admission policy for all United States citizens and eligible Non-Citizens to assure accessibility and optimal higher education opportunities.  The College admits applicants on an ongoing basis, and students may enroll in courses up to the last day to add a course for that particular semester.

Contact Admissions

If you have any questions, please email us at admissions@snead.edu.


Join us for FOUNDER’S DAY! This Thursday, Oct. 21, the fun begins at 5 p.m. at the gazebo with live music, food trucks and more! Then we’ll move into Fielder Auditorium at 7 p.m. for a special tribute to the history of Snead State Community College. The community is invited to attend.