Faculty/Staff Panel

Student Panel


Student Panel
Faculty/Staff Panel

Transient Students

If you are a student enrolled in good standing at another college and wish to take classes at Snead with the intention of transferring those credits to your current college, you are considered a Transient student.

Transient students should follow these steps to apply:

1. Submit Online Application

Complete and submit the Online Application for Admission.

2. Complete Residency Form

You have two options for completing and submitting the residency form. You may complete it and submit it electronically, or you may print and sign the Signature/Residency Form.  This form may be delivered, mailed, or emailed to the Office of Admissions (admissions@snead.edu).

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 734, Boaz, AL 35957
Boaz Campus: 220 North Walnut Street, Boaz, AL 35957
Our Admissions Office is located in the McCain Student Center.

3. Provide Proof of ID

According to Alabama Board of Education Policy 801.01, all students must provide an unexpired government issued photo ID for admission to Alabama community colleges. You can present this ID electronically, in person, or send a legible copy via email.

Examples of acceptable government issued photo IDs include:

  • An unexpired state-issued driver’s license
  • An unexpired state-issued identification card
  • An unexpired U.S. passport
  • An unexpired U.S. permanent resident card
  • An unexpired military ID card

4. Transient Letter

All Transient applicants must submit a transient letter from his/her home college listing all courses that he/she is eligible to take at Snead State Community College.

Below is a list of items you need to enroll as a transient student. You can also read the Handbook for Transient Students for helpful information, an academic calendar, and a checklist to help you get started.

Items Needed for Transient Application

General Information

  • All required documents for transient students may be emailed to admissions@snead.edu.
  • Transient students are considered non-degree-seeking and are not eligible for federal student aid.
  • Admissions will accept pictures of documents via email as long as the document is legible in the photo.
  • The signature residency form requires a hand signature.

Snead State Community College has an open-door admission policy for all United States citizens and eligible Non-Citizens to assure accessibility and optimal higher education opportunities.  The College admits applicants on an ongoing basis, and students may enroll in courses up to the last day to add a course for that particular semester.

Contact Admissions

If you have any questions, please email us at admissions@snead.edu.