If you are a student enrolled in good standing at another college and wish to take classes at Snead with the intention of transferring those credits to your current college, you are considered a Transient student.
Transient students should follow these steps to apply:
1. Submit Online Application
Complete and submit the Online Application for Admission. PLEASE NOTE: If you have taken courses at Snead State in the last calendar year, you do not need to reapply for admission. You just need to email your transient letter to firstname.lastname@example.org for processing.
2. Provide Proof of ID
According to ACCS Policy 801.01, all applicants to an Alabama community college must provide one primary form of identification. You may present this ID electronically, in person, or send a legible copy via email by emailing it to Admissions@snead.edu.
Examples of a primary ID include:
- Driver’s license
- State-issued identification card
- U.S. passport
3. Transient Letter
All Transient applicants must submit a transient letter from his/her home college listing all courses that he/she is eligible to take at Snead State Community College.
Below is a list of items you need to enroll as a transient student. You can also read the Handbook for Transient Students for helpful information, an academic calendar, and a checklist to help you get started.
Items Needed for Transient Application
- The Snead State Application for Admission
- One primary form of identification (unexpired government issued photo ID)
- Signature/residency form
- Transient letter from current college listing approved courses
- All required documents for transient students may be emailed to email@example.com.
- Transient students are considered non-degree-seeking and are not eligible for federal student aid.
- Admissions will accept pictures of documents via email as long as the document is legible in the photo.
- The signature residency form requires a hand signature.
Snead State Community College has an open-door admission policy for all United States citizens and eligible Non-Citizens to assure accessibility and optimal higher education opportunities. The College admits applicants on an ongoing basis, and students may enroll in courses up to the last day to add a course for that particular semester.
If you have any questions, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.