Faculty/Staff Panel

Student Panel


Student Panel
Faculty/Staff Panel

First-Time Students

If this is your first time attending college after high school graduation or obtaining a GED, please follow these steps to apply.

If you were a dual enrollment student in high school and will continue taking classes after your high school graduation, you are considered a first-time student.

1. Submit Online Application

Complete and submit the Online Application for Admission.

2. Complete Residency Form

Print and sign the Signature/Residency Form.  This form may be delivered, mailed, or faxed to the Office of Admissions (256-593-7180).

Mailing Address: P.O. Box 734, Boaz, AL 35957
Boaz Campus: 220 North Walnut Street, Boaz, AL 35957
Our Admissions Office is located in the Technology Center.

3. Provide Proof of ID

According to Alabama Board of Education Policy 801.01, all students must provide an unexpired government issued photo ID for admission to Alabama community colleges. You can present this ID in person, or send a legible copy via email.

Examples of acceptable government issued photo IDs include:

  • An unexpired state-issued driver’s license
  • An unexpired state-issued identification card
  • An unexpired U.S. passport
  • An unexpired U.S. permanent resident card
  • An unexpired military ID card

4. Take the Accuplacer Assessment

The Accuplacer Assessment is a mandatory placement program in math, English, and reading. 

It is offered in the Academic Success Center on the Boaz campus Monday through Thursday from 8 AM until 12 PM by appointment only.  (Students wishing to take it at the Arab Instructional Site should call 256-840-4116.)

Note: Due to safety concerns regarding COVID-19, Accuplacer testing is available only by appointment or through an online proctoring company called Examity. Students who walk in to the testing center will not be able to take the Accuplacer test without first making an appointment.

Students interested in taking the Accuplacer through Examity must have a computer that meets Examity/Accuplacer requirements for software, audio, and video. There is also a $25 fee for the online proctoring service.

Students making an appointment to come to the testing center must bring a photo ID and adhere to the College’s COVID-19 procedures, such as wearing a mandatory mask, completing a signed waiver, responding to mandatory questions and submitting to a temperature check.

Official documentation of ACT/SAT scores (20 or higher in Math and Reading and 18 in English) or successful completion of previous college level courses may exempt a student from taking the Accuplacer.

5. Provide Official Transcript

All First Time Freshman applicants must ensure that the Office of Admissions at Snead State receives an official transcript documenting high school / GED graduation. 

It is the student’s responsibility to request this from his/her high school or GED office. 

Students who took their GED exam at Snead State may contact Tonya Shields at tonya.shields@snead.edu or 256-840-4165 to request that his/her official GED transcript be sent to the Office of Admissions.

Items Needed to Complete an Application

  • The Snead State Application for Admission
  • One primary form of identification (unexpired government issued photo ID)
  • Signature/residency form
  • Official high school / GED transcript documenting graduation
  • Official college transcript if you attended as a dual enrollment student prior to graduating high school

Snead State Community College has an open-door admission policy for all United States citizens and eligible Non-Citizens to assure accessibility and optimal higher education opportunities.  The College admits applicants on an ongoing basis, and students may enroll in courses up to the last day to add a course for that particular semester.

Contact Admissions

If you have any questions, please email us at admissions@snead.edu.