The Math Department is dedicated to teaching, learning, and exploring mathematics and its applications. The department offers courses leading to an Associate of Science degree through a Mathematics or Engineering pathway. Both of these programs provide the basic preparation leading to science-related careers. The Mathematics pathway also provides basic preparation for those interested in a career of teaching mathematics. We offer a variety of excellent course offerings. We have classes offered in the day, in the evening and online.
Associate in Science Pathways for Mathematics
Information provided by https://collegegrad.com/careers:
- Aerospace Engineering: Aerospace engineers primarily design aircraft, spacecraft, satellites, and missiles.
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical engineers apply the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems that involve the use of fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Civil Engineering: Civil engineers design, build, and supervise infrastructure projects and systems.
- Electrical Engineering: Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacture of electrical equipment.
- Industrial Engineering: Industrial engineers devise efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or provide a service.
- Mathematics/Mathematicians/Statisticians: Mathematicians and statisticians analyze data and apply mathematical and statistical techniques to help solve problems.
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical engineers design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal sensors and devices.