The Math Department is dedicated to teaching, learning, and exploring mathematics and its applications. The department offers courses leading to an Associate of Science degree through a Mathematics or Engineering pathway. Both of these programs provide the basic preparation leading to science-related careers. The Mathematics pathway also provides basic preparation for those interested in a career of teaching mathematics. We offer a variety of excellent course offerings. We have classes offered in the day, in the evening and online.
Associate in Science Pathways for Mathematics
Information provided by https://collegegrad.com/careers:
- Aerospace Engineering: Aerospace engineers primarily design aircraft, spacecraft, satellites, and missiles.
- Chemical Engineering: Chemical engineers apply the principles of chemistry, biology, physics, and math to solve problems that involve the use of fuel, drugs, food, and many other products.
- Civil Engineering: Civil engineers design, build, and supervise infrastructure projects and systems.
- Electrical Engineering: Electrical engineers design, develop, test, and supervise the manufacture of electrical equipment.
- Industrial Engineering: Industrial engineers devise efficient systems that integrate workers, machines, materials, information, and energy to make a product or provide a service.
- Materials Engineering
- Mathematics/Mathematicians/Statisticians: Mathematicians and statisticians analyze data and apply mathematical and statistical techniques to help solve problems.
- Math Education
- Mechanical Engineering: Mechanical engineers design, develop, build, and test mechanical and thermal sensors and devices.
To learn more about the different fields of engineering, watch this YouTube video to help you figure out what direction to pursue.