The in-person graduation ceremony scheduled for Saturday, Aug. 1, 2020, has been cancelled due to growing concerns surrounding COVID-19. The College will instead offer a virtual celebration for the 2020 graduating class. More details will be announced as they are finalized.
Yes. Academic advising will be done virtually, through email or by phone call. Virtual appointments may be scheduled by going to www.snead.edu/advising.
Yes, the Admissions Offices are processing applications each day. Please keep checking the email address you provided on your application for any updates or document requests. Students should be notified regarding their next steps within 7-10 business days. Snead State’s current operating hours are Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. You may continue to send requested documents via email (email@example.com), fax (256-593-7180) or postal mail (PO Box 734, Boaz, AL 35957).
FAFSAs for the 2020-2021 academic year continues to be processed each day. Students who complete a FAFSA will receive an email from Snead State outlining their next steps within 7-10 business days after the FAFSA is submitted. We will also continue to process verification as documentation is received. Students may continue to send requested documents via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), fax (256-593-7180), or postal mail (PO Box 734, Boaz, AL 35957).
Student-athletes are not allowed to return to campus before classes resume for the fall on Aug. 17. Health and safety protocols regarding practices, meetings, games, travel, and study halls will adhere strictly to recommendations and restrictions established by the ACCC and the NJCAA. The College is finalizing plans to reduce the game schedules, cut out out-of-state games, cut out all overnight travel, and not schedule any games between the Thanksgiving holiday and the end of the calendar year.
All campus gatherings have been postponed until at least Aug. 1, 2020, when it will be reevaluated based on the current CDC recommendations and ADPH guidelines. At that time, the policy may be extended through at least Sept. 30, 2020. When the decision is made that on-campus events may be permitted, the maximum capacity of each of our facilities will be reduced to 50 percent, and social distancing measures will be strictly enforced.
The library and commons area of the Administration Building will be open for students to use the College Wi-Fi by appointment only Monday through Thursday form 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. The Academic Success Center will be open for students to use the computers in the lab by appointment only Monday through Thursday from 8 a.m. until 4 p.m. The Arab Instructional Site will be open from 5:30-9:30 p.m. Monday through Thursday for students to use the computers in the lab by appointment only. College staff will sanitize any equipment and work stations between uses.
All students entering any of the buildings will have their temperature taken upon entering, and they will be asked the questions on the COVID-19 Active Screening Questionnaire and must complete a student waiver form. The College’s social distancing procedures will be followed (at least six feet between students). Students will need to wear masks at all times.
You may also drive to the campus and use the WiFi accessible from the parking lot. Please, if you choose to do this, remain in your car at all times, and practice social distancing to safeguard your own health and well-being as well as the health and well-being of others.
Snead State Community College has not canceled classes.
For the Fall 2020 semester, classes will be held in one of three formats:
- Online where students will log into Blackboard and complete assignments and exams on their own time. One assignment/exam will be proctored.
- Virtual where students will log into Blackboard at specific class times each week for instruction via Blackboard Collaborate. These classes are listed as on-campus classes on the fall schedule but will not have any face-to-face meetings WITH THE EXCEPTION OF Aviation, Nursing, and Computer Systems Technology classes.
- Hybrid where theory and lecture material will be available online, but labs, clinicals and hands-on exercises will meet face-to-face following the College’s COVID-19 procedures of social distancing (at least six feet between students), wearing of a mask, and completion of a student waiver form. These include classes within the Nursing, Aviation and Computer Systems Technology programs.
General inquiries should be directed to email@example.com. You may also call (256) 840-4107 and leave a voicemail. Make sure to leave your name, student number (A#), and detailed information regarding your inquiry.
You can also contact the following in regard to more specific inquiries:
- Online Learning: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Course Schedule or Registration: email@example.com
- Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Admissions: email@example.com
- Dual Enrollment: firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Advising: Email your advisor directly.
- Financial Aid: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Admissions: email@example.com.
Snead State will be offering all services through virtual formats as well as through traditional forms of communication such as email and phone. We will respond to inquiries in a timely fashion, but please expect one to two business days for inquiries to be addressed as we are receiving a large volume of emails and phone calls. We appreciate your patience as we all work through the transition during this time. In-person meetings will only be held by appointment only when inquiries cannot be handled through other means.