- The Free Application for Federal Student Aid or FAFSA is available beginning on October 1 for the upcoming aid year.
- Make sure you register for your FSA ID from the Department of Education as you will need it to apply for the FAFSA.
- Research outside scholarships and make a note of all deadlines in your calendar.
- Priority deadline for Snead State’s New Student scholarship application and Returning Student scholarship application for students beginning or returning in the Spring semester is typically mid-November.
- You should have received your Student Aid Report (SAR) from the Department of Education by now. Be sure to check that it is accurate and that Snead State is listed as one of your colleges.
- Snead State’s scholarship application forms for the upcoming academic year are released.
- Apply to the college, if you haven’t done so. Be sure to select a degree program and not a certificate program.
- Follow up with Snead State’s Financial Aid Office, if you haven’t done so already, and fulfill any outstanding requirements you may have.
- Priority deadline for Snead State’s New Student scholarship applications for the upcoming academic year is in March.
- Students applying for any Performing Arts or Music Scholarships must schedule an audition with the Music Department.
- Students applying for any Athletic or Athletic Support Scholarships must contact the Athletic Department for consideration.
- If you received a scholarship offer, be sure to send your acceptance form to Snead State’s Financial Aid Office by the deadline.
- Keep a copy of your scholarship contract in your records so you will know the obligations and conditions of your scholarship.
- Priority deadline for Snead State’s Returning Student scholarship application for students returning in the Summer semester is typically mid-April.
- Request for your high school transcripts be sent to Snead State so that you will be unconditionally accepted to the college and eligible for financial aid.
- Review your student account on the OneACCS portal to make sure you have fulfilled any outstanding requirements and all of your financial aid, including external scholarships, is listed for the upcoming Fall semester.
- Priority deadline for Snead State’s Returning Student scholarship application for students returning in the Fall semester is typically in July.
- Students using VA benefits should contact Snead State’s VA School Certifying Official for assistance with applying for VA benefits and to complete the required forms.
- Register for the upcoming Fall semester.
- Students using VA benefits should submit the VA Enrollment Certification Request form after registering for classes.