Faculty/Staff Panel

Student Panel


Student Panel
Faculty/Staff Panel

Direct Loans & Other Aid

Direct Loans

Information on Student Loan Programs can be obtained from the following sites:

Other Aid

Other aid offered at Snead State besides Federal Pell Grants, Institutional and External Scholarships includes:

Federal Supplemental Educational Opportunity Grant (SEOG)

Awards vary in amounts with the maximum award of $1,000 each year. Students must be Federal Pell Grant recipients with extremely low family contributions to receive priority.

Federal Work Study (FWS)

This is administered through an agreement between Snead State and the Federal Work Study Program.  Those interested in employment must submit an application for FWS to the Financial Aid Office (finaid@snead.edu) for consideration.  Applicants who demonstrate financial need, based on the College’s cost of attendance, will be considered for employment.  Most students work ten to fifteen hours per week and earn a wage compatible with the Minimum Wage Law or higher.  Checks are issued monthly for work performed.  Student must complete a FAFSA to be eligible for this program.  Click here to download a FWS application.

Alabama Student Assistance Program (ASAP)

These grants are available to Alabama residents with extremely low family contributions.  A separate application is not required to apply.  Students must complete a FAFSA to be eligible for this program.

Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act (WIOA)

This program offers assistance to selected eligible individuals who enter approved training programs.  Funds are generally provided for tuition, fees, tools, and books.  Students must contact the State Career Center in their county to determine eligibility.

Trade Readjustment Act (TRA/TAA)

This program retrains persons who have become unemployed through business or factory closings.  Students must contact the State Career Center in their county to determine eligibility.

Veterans’ Benefits

The US Department of Veterans Affairs is the only agency that can determine eligibility and award benefits.  A student should contact his/her local Veterans Administration Office in order to determine what benefits he/she is eligible to receive.  You can determine the status of your award or inquire about any problems with receiving your benefits by contacting the VA at 1-888-442-4551 or www.gibill.va.gov.

PACT (Alabama Prepaid College Tuition Plan)

Students must complete a SSCC PACT form available online (CLICK HERE) or in the Financial Aid Office.

Special Circumstances