Career Coach High School Services
The Career Coach is available to go into local high schools with the mission to help high school students define their career aspirations and recognize postsecondary programs and services that can help them achieve their goals.
The Career Coach focuses on the 16 career pathways identified at the secondary level through the Alabama Career/Technical Course of Study. The Career Coach focuses on all careers requiring various levels of education and will direct students to the colleges that offer the programs and resources to meet individual needs.
The Career Coach also works with business/industry, academic/technology departments within the respective colleges, as well as parents and students to develop and implement a career-focused program that provides students with a viable plan to move into education beyond high school or enter the workforce directly upon high school graduation.
Major responsibilities of the Career Coach
- Provide information regarding Alabama’s 16 Career Clusters.
- Share information on careers and career pathways.
- Assist students in developing career plans and portfolios.
- Connect students to early college entrance programs such as Dual Enrollment.
- Develop a seamless transition for students from high school to post secondary education.
Need more information?
For more information, contact Career Coach Chandler Tarvin in the Office of Career Services at