BOAZ, Ala. – The Snead State Community College Lady Parsons Softball team is scheduled to play in the National Softball Preview Tournament on Thursday and Friday, Feb. 23-24, at Choccolocco Park in Oxford, Alabama.
Choccolocco Park will be the host site of the NJCAA Division I National Tournament in May. This tournament is considered a “primer” to allow teams from across the nation to participate and see what the park has to offer.
On Thursday, Snead State is slated to take on McLennan Community College (Waco, TX) at 10 a.m. at Pod 2, and then Three Rivers College (Poplar Bluff, MO) at 2 p.m. at the Signature Field.
On Friday, the Lady Parsons battle Wabash Valley Community College (Mount Carmel, IL) at 2 p.m. at Pod 4, and finally Volunteer State Community College (Gallatin, TN) at 6 p.m. at Pod 2.
“The competition coming to play is a challenge and will help Snead get ready for conference play, which begins March 2,” Snead State Head Coach Tracy Grindrod said. “So far this preseason, Lydia West and Reagen Cornelius have been consistent in the pitcher’s circle. Rylee Barlett, Lydia West, Addie Walker, Brittany Slaten, Mackenzie Smith and Zoe Payne are the team’s leading hitters to date. Addie Walker and Lydia West are working on a 7-game hitting streak and Rylee Barlett is on a 6-game hitting streak having hit safely in the last 6 games.”
In total, there are 22 teams from across the country scheduled to compete, including:
- Abraham Baldwin Agricultural College – Tifton, GA
- Blinn College – Brenham, TX
- Central Alabama Community College – Alexander City, AL
- Coastal Alabama Community College – East Brewton, AL
- Chattanooga State Community College – Chattanooga, TN
- Georgia Military College – Milledgeville, GA
- Gordon State College – Barnesville, GA
- Gulf Coast State College – Panama City, FL
- Indian Hills Community College – Ottumwa, IA
- John A. Logan College – Carterville, IL
- Lake Land College – Mattoon, IL
- McLennan Community College – Waco, TX
- Northwest Florida State College – Niceville, FL
- San Jacinto College – Pasadena, TX
- Shelton State Community College – Tuscaloosa, AL
- Snead State Community College – Boaz, AL
- Three Rivers College – Poplar Bluff, MO
- Volunteer State Community College – Gallatin, TN
- Wabash Valley College – Mount Carmel, IL
- Wallace Community College – Dothan Dothan, AL
- Wallace State Community College – Hanceville, AL
- Walters State Community College – Morristown, TN
Daily admission is $10, which includes all games on all fields. The City of Oxford has a $5.00 parking fee per day. Concessions will be sold on site.
Spectators in need of directions or other information may visit https://choccoloccopark.com.