The 2022 ACTE Snead State Fair will be held on Friday, March 4, 2022, on the Boaz campus of Snead State Community College at the Plunkett Wallace Gymnasium.
Registration packets are now being prepared, and our plan is to have these available before the Christmas holidays. You can request your registration packet by emailing your name and postal address to ACTERegion2@snead.edu.
Please note that the Region 2 competition is currently being planned as an on-campus event, but please be prepared to move to a virtual competition in the event our local health guidelines require us to do so.
2021-2022 Registration Deadlines
- The registration deadline is Feb. 1, 2022. Registration will be confirmed within three business days.
- The deadline for changes is Feb. 8, 2022.
General Project Information
- Students in Grades 3-12 may participate in two project categories.
- These can be individual and/or group projects.
- There can be no more than three students per group. All students in a group must participate in the creation of the project and in the virtual presentation of the project. Groups must work out their own plan to make this happen.
- The ACTE state-wide Team Programming Challenge page can be found here.
- Only one sponsor or contact per school is allowed. Sponsors are to register themselves plus their students for the state competition as soon as possible after the regional fair.
- During sponsor registration, sponsors must provide the name and email address of the bookkeeper, person or agency responsible for processing the payment of student fees.
- You must document any work you did not create. You may even need to get permission.
There are five levels at the ACTE Technology Fair.
- Level 1 | Grades 3-4
- Level 2 | Grades 5-6
- Level 3 | Grades 7-8
- Level 4 | Grades 9-10
- Level 5 | Grades 11-12
You can visit the ACTE website for descriptions and rubric for each category.
- Animation (AN)
- Audio (AD)
- Computer “Project” Programming (CP)
- Digital Art (DA)
- Digital Game (DG)
- Graphic Design (GD)
- Hardware Modification (HM)
- Mobile Apps (MA)
- Multimedia (MM)
- Multi-Dimensional Design/3D Modeling (MD)
- Productivity Design (PD)
- Robotics (RO)
- Video Production (VP)
- Website Design- There are two subcategories in Website Design: Drop and Drag (WD1) and Manual Coding (WD2)
- Local Rules
- 2021 Information Letter
- Notebook Requirements / All projects require an accompanying notebook.
ACTE State Technology Fair
The top two individual winners and the top two group winners in each category will advance to the ACTE State Technology Fair. There will be no IT Technology Test this year.
This year’s ACTE State Technology Fair will be virtual. The deadlines are below. Sponsors should register themselves plus their students for the state competition as soon as possible after the regional fair.
Since the regional fairs have a large degree of independence, competition at the state level has additional rules and restrictions, as well as a separate registration process and fee.
- Friday, March 11, 2022 – Deadline for the ACTE State Virtual Technology Fair.
- Friday, April 1, 2022 – Deadline for payment. The fee is $25 per student. Please pay electronically or to pay by purchase order or school check, please begin processing payment early to meet the deadline.
- Friday, April 8, 2022 – Deadline to upload student projects for the ACTE State Virtual Technology Fair