Snead State is happy to serve as a host site to administer the ACT test. To register for the ACT, please visit www.actstudent.org and click on the registration tab.
ACT Prep Class
Doing your best on the ACT will help set the stage for success later in life. The Workforce Development Division at Snead State offers an ACT Prep course, which includes ACT practice exams, problem solving strategies, and review sessions.
Pre-registration and payment is required. Students may register for the ACT Prep Class online or in the WFD Office located in the Snead State Bevill Center in Room 101S.
For questions on upcoming ACT Prep Class course dates or online course options, please contact Cherri Barnard at (256) 840-4152 or by email at email@example.com.
Test Registration Fees
- ACT (No Writing) – $63
- ACT (Plus Writing) – $88
|TEST DATES||REGISTRATION DEADLINE||LATE FEE REQUIRED||PHOTO/STANDBY DEADLINE|
|September 10, 2022||August 5||August 19||September 2|
|October 22, 2022||September 16||September 30||October 14|
|December 10, 2022||November 4||November 11||December 2|
|February 11, 2023||January 6||January 20||February 3|
|April 15, 2023||March 10||March 24||April 7|
|June 10, 2023||May 5||May 19||June 2|
|July 15, 2023||June 16||June 23||July 7|
Location and Details
Administration Building (Fielder Auditorium)
220 North Walnut Street, Boaz, AL 35957
Test starts at 8 AM.
If there is severe weather on an ACT test date, please check www.actstudent.org for test center cancellations.
If you are unable to travel to the test center because of severe weather, call ACT registration (319-337-1270) during the week after the test date for your options.
ACT On-Campus (Residual) Test
(For Snead State Nursing Program Only)
February 22, 2023
May 9, 2023
ACT On-Campus Testing may be administered to students who are unable to take the ACT test on a regularly scheduled test date and: 1) are in the application process at Snead State, 2) have been admitted to Snead State, or 3) are enrolled at Snead State.
- Registration is required. To register, students should email their name, student number, and phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Testing Fee is $60. Payment is due at time of registration and is non-refundable (unless test day cancellation is announced by Snead State and a reschedule date cannot be accommodated).
- A confirmation email will be sent after payment is received.
Test Day Requirements
- The test will be given in the McCain Center, room 237. Students should arrive at 8:15 am. Test begins promptly at 8:30 am. Late arrivals will not be allowed to test and the test fee is non-refundable.
- An unexpired government-issued photo ID, such as a driver’s license is required for test check-in.
- Students should bring sharpened #2 pencils (no mechanical pencils). Calculators are permitted during the math test. See https://www.act.org/content/dam/act/unsecured/documents/ACT-calculator-policy.pdf for approved calculators.
- The test takes approximately 4 hours to complete. A 10-minute break is given halfway though.
There is a minimum 60-day waiting period before re-testing.
- Test scores will be emailed within 7 business days.
- Scores may only be used at Snead State or other Alabama Community College System member institutions that use the On-Campus Testing Program and cannot be transferred by transcript or other means to any other institution or agency.
- No Student Reports and no High School Reports are generated.
- ACT On-Campus scores are not scored by ACT and, therefore, are not official transferable scores like those provided by The ACT National Test.
Need more information?
Office: McCain Student Center Room 215
Phone: (256) 840-4146
Questions about ACT prep courses?