Alabama Career Essentials (ACE) is a FREE training course designed by the Alabama Community College System to provide Alabamians with relevant, cutting-edge, and industry-driven employability skills training to better prepare individuals for the Alabama workforce. The main goal of the new ACE course is to ensure current and future workers are equipped with the skills necessary to enter the 21st-century Alabama workforce.
Employers trust our colleges’ credentials. Upon successful completion of the program, ACE participants will receive two credentials:
- Alabama Career Employment certificate (ACE)
- National Career Readiness Certificate (NCRC)
In addition to credentials, graduates of Snead State’s ACE program will gain support, build confidence, improve their opportunities, and get access to ongoing skill upgrades and lifelong learning to include:
- One FREE college course (up to 4 credit hours)
- Articulated credit for WKO 101 (3 credits)
- MAPs Course (Mobilizing Alabama Pathways). Participants choose a career pathway of their choice, completed in approximately 8 hours in one of the following areas: Architecture and Construction; Healthcare; Hospitality and Tourism; Information Technology; Manufacturing; Transportation and Logistics.
The curriculum for the ACE program includes:
- Computer Literacy
- Math for Work
- Financial Literacy
- Effective Communication
- Workplace Etiquette
- Resolving Problems in the Workplace
- Healthy Workplace Environment
- Employment Preparation
- Workplace Safety
For complete details, check out our Alabama Career Essentials flyer.
Click here to review the program’s terms and conditions.
Alabama Career Essentials is FREE and easy.
For complete details, check out our ACE flyer for more information.
Registration & Contact
You may register for our ACE program by contacting Cherri Barnard at 256.840.4152, or Cherri.Barnard@snead.edu.