The Natural Science Division offers an extensive selection of courses in astronomy, biology, chemistry, geography, health, meteorology, nutrition, physical education, physical science, and physics. Courses meet prerequisite requirements for transfer to four year institutions as well as other health care curriculum.
- Agronomy and Soils
- Animal Sciences
- Athletic Training
- Biology Education
- Biomedical Sciences
- Chemistry Education
- Environmental Science
- Exercise Science
- Exercise Science and Wellness
- Fisheries Science
- Food Science
- Health Education
- Health Science
- Nuclear Medicine Technology
- Nursing Four-Year Transfer (Pre-Nursing)
- Nursing RN to BSN Transfer
- Physical Education
- Poultry Science
- Radiologic Sciences
- Respiratory Therapy/Cardio Science
- Science Education
- Wildlife Science
- The following four-year Universities coordinate transfer credit for Natural Science curriculum through Alabama Transfers-guide approved courses; Jacksonville State University; University of Alabama; Auburn University; University of Alabama in Birmingham; and Alabama A&M University.
- Natural Science classes are available on campus or online.
Horticulture and Agricultural Science
Some of our classes transfer specifically into the College of Agriculture at Auburn University. Auburn’s Horticulture Department has a 100% job placement rate since 1979. The average starting salary in 2017 was $40,000.
- Landscape Gardening
- Animal and Dairy Science
- Introduction to Agriculture
- Agricultural Economics
- Classes are designed for hands-on learning.
- Multiple options are available for specialization within the green industry.
- Our program will prepare you to pass the state exams for chemical applicator license, landscape designer license, and nurseryman license.
- Financial Aid is available to eligible students.