Health Sciences programs provide the knowledge and skills needed for students seeking a career as a Registered Nurse or a Nursing Assistant. Completion of the RN program requirements provides the student with the credentials needed to test for licensure as a Registered Nurse. Completion of the Nursing Assistant/ Home Health Aide program requirements provides the student with the credentials needed to test for Nursing Assistant certification. For more information about Snead State’s Health Science programs, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Associate in Applied Science – Nursing (RN): Traditional Track and LPN to RN Mobility Track
- Associate in Science – Pre-Nursing
Nursing Degree Information
- The Registered Nursing degree plan outlines the requirements for the AAS degree.
- Students or potential students should review the general information about the Associate Degree Nursing (RN) Program.
- Review the 2021-2023 Nursing Student Handbook.
- 2016 Notice of Nursing Curriculum Change
The Associate Degree Nursing Program at Snead State Community College at the Boaz campus, located in Boaz, Alabama is accredited by the:
The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN)
3390 Peachtree Road NE – Suite 1400, Atlanta, GA 30326
The most recent accreditation decision made by the ACEN Board of Commissioners for the Snead State Associate Degree Nursing Program is Continuing Accreditation.
All Health Sciences Courses
- View a complete list of course offerings in this division.
Attention: Prospective Nursing Students
Students meeting minimum admission standards may apply for admission to the Associate Degree Nursing program:
- Admission to Snead State Community College
- Good standing with Snead State Community College
- Receipt of completed application packet by the deadline
- A minimum GPA of 2.50 (calculated based on grades earned in Pre-Nursing General Education courses)
- A minimum of 2.50 cumulative high school GPA for students without prior college work (GED acceptable)
- Eligibility for ENG 101 and MTH 100 (College Algebra) as determined by College policy
- Ability to meet essential functions/technical standards required for nursing
- ACT composite score of 18 or higher
For a complete list of course offerings in this division, please click here.
What the Nursing Program offers
- Friendly & welcoming atmosphere
- High tech learning experience
- High Fidelity Simulations labs
- Nursing student success coaching
- Knowledgeable, caring faculty
- Strong community partnerships
- Successful Nursing Graduates!
LPN to RN Mobility -Hybrid Option
Are you an LPN considering advancing your nursing career? Consider the Snead State LPN to RN Mobility-Hybrid Option.
- Listen to the lecture online
- Campus attendance required for the skills lab, simulation lab, and testing
- Two semesters of clinical required
- One semester of precepting required
Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide
Are you searching for a career where you can help others? Consider the Snead State Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide Program.
- Listen to recorded lectures
- Lab attendance is required
- Classes offered on Saturday
- Clinical at a long-term care facility
- Complete the program in two semesters
- Receive a short-term certificate
- Qualifies graduates to take the Certification Exam