Health Science programs provide the knowledge and skills needed for students seeking a career as a Registered Nurse or a Nursing Assistant. Completion of the RN program requirements provide the student with the credentials needed to test for licensure as a Registered Nurse. Completion of the Nursing Assistant/ Home Health Aide program requirements provide the student with the credentials needed to test for Nursing Assistant certification.
- Nursing (RN): Traditional Track and LPN to RN Mobility Track
Nursing Degree Information
- The Registered Nursing degree plan outlines the requirements for the AAS degree.
- Students or potential students should review the general information about the Associate Degree Nursing (RN) Program.
- Make sure to complete the Pre-Nursing Advising Checklist.
- Review the 2020-2021 Nursing Student Handbook.
- 2016 Notice of Nursing Curriculum Change
The Board of Commissioners voted to accept the Follow-Up Report and grant continuing accreditation to the Associate Degree Nursing program with removal of conditions as the program is in compliance with all Accreditation Standards and Criteria reviewed. The Commission also affirmed the next onsite accreditation review for the Spring 2022 cycle. (The Accreditation Commission for Education in Nursing, Inc. (ACEN) 3343 Peachtree Road NE – Suite 850, Atlanta, GA 30326)
Student Achievement Data
All Health Sciences Courses
- View a complete list of course offerings in this division.
Attention: Prospective Nursing Students
Pre-Application Seminars for the Snead State Nursing Program are offered during the Spring Semester for applicants planning to apply for our Fall RN admission. Applicants are encouraged to attend one of the sessions for valuable information about the Nursing Program prior to submitting the Nursing Program application. Students are offered position in the Nursing Program based on a point system. Applicants will receive two (2) points for attending one of the 1 1/2 hour seminars by attaching the original attendance certificate to their application. A government-issue ID, such as a Driver’s License, is required at the time of attendance. Due to potentially limited space, applicants my only attend one seminar and may only be accompanied by one adult. Pre-registration for the seminar is required. To register, please complete the pre-registration form below and select the date you would like to attend. The seminars will be held at the Robert Aderholt Health Science Building at 500 Usry Street, Boaz.
For a complete list of course offerings in this division, please click here.
What the Nursing Program offers
- Friendly & welcoming atmosphere
- High tech learning experience
- High Fidelity Simulations labs n Nursing student success coaching
- Knowledgeable, caring faculty
- Strong community partnerships
- Successful Nursing Graduates!
Hybrid Mobility Nursing Program
Are you an LPN considering advancing your nursing career? Consider the Snead State Hybrid Mobility Nursing Program.
- Listen to the lecture online
- Campus attendance required for the skills lab, simulation lab, and testing
- Two semesters of clinical required
- One semester of precepting required
Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide
Are you searching for a career where you can help others? Consider the Snead State Nursing Assistant/Home Health Aide Program.
- Listen to recorded lectures
- Lab attendance is required
- Classes offered on Saturday
- Clinical at a long-term care facility
- Complete the program in two semesters
- Receive a short-term certificate
- Qualifies graduates to take the Certification Exam