Student Admission Types

First Time Freshman

Select this type if this is your first time to ever attend any college after graduation from high school or obtaining a GED.

Transfer Student

Select this type if you have attended a college other than Snead State after HS/GED graduation.

Returning Snead Student

Select this type if you have previously attended Snead State as a credit student (after HS/GED) and are returning to Snead after a break in continuous enrollment.  Students who have attended SSCC within the past year do not need to reapply.  Students who only attended Snead as a dual enrollment student should apply as a First Time Freshman if they plan to attend SSCC after HS graduation.

High School Accelerated (Early Admission) Student

This program is available to qualified high school students who have completed required high school prerequisites.  Accelerated students receive college credit but not high school credit.  High school approval is required.

High School Dual Enrollment Student

This program is available to qualified high school students who have received approval from their high school to receive both college credit and high school credit.

Transient Student

Select this type if you are enrolled as a student in good standing at another college and wish to take classes at Snead State.  A transient letter from your home college listing all courses that you are eligible to take at SSCC is required.

Non-Citizens of the United States

Applicants who possess Permanent Resident status or Deferred Action status for Childhood Arrivals will be admitted to the college after completing an Admission Application and submitting required documentation. Permanent Residents should provide an unexpired U.S. permanent resident card along with their signature / residency form. Applicants who have been granted Deferred Action Status must present Form I-797 that specifically states that the applicant has been granted deferred action status, along with an unexpired state-issued driver license or an unexpired state-issued identification card and the signature / residency form. At this time, Snead State does not grant admission to International Students.