Snead State Community College offers a variety of scholarships to
students in recognition of their academic achievement, performance
ability, and/or financial need. Only one College scholarship may be
awarded per student.
2016-2017 Scholarship Application
Priority Deadline: March 14, 2016
Returning Snead Students
2016-2017 Returning/Transfer Scholarship Application
Deadline: June 7, 2016
Summer 2016 Needs Based Scholarship Application
Athens State University Scholarships
Applying For Snead State Scholarships
- Complete a current scholarship application. Applications are available in January of each year.
- Check any and all scholarship options that apply to your situation. The criteria for each scholarship is listed on the application. You may apply for more than one scholarship.
- Make sure to include a one-page essay and a copy of your resume with the application.
- Have all transcripts sent to
Student Services Office
P.O. Box 734
Boaz, Alabama 35957
- All scholarships require the completion of a FAFSA (Free Application for Federal Student Aid). Begin to complete this form in early January. The school code for Snead State is 001038. Complete the FAFSA online.
- Some scholarships require an audition or tryout before a student is selected. More information about this will be indicated on the scholarship application.
- Make sure to review the scholarship application for any other documentation you may need to apply. Only complete application packets will be considered for awards.
- For more information, contact the Office of Student Services at (256) 840-4213 or email@example.com.
Only complete application packets will be considered for awards.
Scholarships Offered at SSCC:
- Presidential Honors
College Bowl (requires audition)
College Street Singers
Computer Science Technology
Electronic Engineering Technology
For information on scholarships for military families, please click here.
Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education Leadership in Child Care Scholarship (LICC)
This scholarship provides financial assistance (tuition and selected fees) to qualified child care professionals working in child care centers/programs, and family and group homes to obtain a Child Development Associate (CDA) Credential, Short-Term Certificate, Certificate, or Associate in Applied Science/Technology Degree in Child Development/Early Care and Education studies. Scholarship recipients must reside and work in Alabama. Applicants must apply for college admission and are encouraged to apply for financial aid prior to submitting this application. This application must be mailed to and received by the Alabama Department of Postsecondary Education no later than June 1st for Fall Semester enrollment and no later than September 1st for Spring and Summer Semester enrollment.
Leadership in Child Care Scholarship Application
Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education Workforce Development Scholarship
This scholarship, provided by the Alabama Department of Early Childhood Education, is available for child care professionals working in early childhood centers/ programs. This scholarship allows recipients to further their education in the field of early childhood and qualify for teaching positions in Alabama’s First Class Pre-K classrooms.
Instructions for Applying
For additional scholarship information, click HERE.