Financial Aid

How to pay for college is a concern for many students. The Financial Aid Office at Snead State Community College provides information and counseling about federal, state and institutional aid programs and
scholarships that may help you to achieve your educational goals.

To apply for aid, students must complete a Free Application for Federal Student Aid at

The Snead State Financial Aid Office staff is available to assist students with their financial aid needs. Our phone number is 256-840-4107, our email address is and our offices are located in room 106 at the Bevill Center.

Some of the financial aid assistance available to qualifying students includes:
  • Alabama Student Assistance Program (ASAP) 
  • Federal Direct Loans 
  • Federal Pell Grant 
  • Federal Supplemental Educational Education Opportunity Grant (SEOG) 
  • Federal Work Study (FWS)
  • Prepaid Affordable College Tuition Program (PACT)
  • Institutional and Endowment Scholarships 
  • Trade Readjustment Act (TRA/TAA)
  • Veteran’s Benefits
  • Workforce Investment Act (WIA) 
Remember: Your financial aid award is generally good for the fall and spring semesters or the spring and summer semesters only and you must file a new financial aid application (FAFSA) every academic year in order to continue to receive uninterrupted aid.

You can find the answers to many of your questions in our FAQ section or on our faTV channel.

General Questions

Specific Questions

Financial Aid/Student Loans: Traci Hulgan

Financial Aid/Veteran's Affairs: Megan Light

Financial Aid/Scholarships: Heather Stewart

Financial Aid: Roberta Lemons

Financial Aid: Amanda Childress

All offices are located in room 106 in the Bevill Center.