All students should submit an Application for Degree/Certificate even if you do not plan to participate in the Commencement Ceremony.  The Application for Degree/Certificate is your petition to receive a degree or certificate from Snead State Community College.  You should submit an Application for Degree/Certificate at least one semester prior to your anticipated completion. Once your record has been evaluated, you will receive a letter stating the requirements that you still lack in order to complete your certificate or degree.

The Application should be returned to the Office of Student Records, faxed to 256-593-7180, or emailed to

For any other questions about graduation, please contact Student Services at