- Students are encouraged to speak with their Educational Services Officer (ESO) or counselor within their military service branch prior to enrolling at Snead State Community College. Students planning to use Tuition Assistance (TA) must have approval from their respective military service branch prior to the first day of classes.
- Students must have a completed Admissions file. For transfer students, all previous transcripts (including military transcripts) must be evaluated before submission of enrollment to the Department of Veteran Affairs.
- Students must complete the VA Enrollment Certification Request Form and a VA Statement of Understanding to submit to the Snead State Community College VA Certifying Official for certification approval. These documents require a student’s signature.
- Students are required to speak with an academic advisor and be familiar with their DegreeWorks to ensure all courses registered are included in current degree plan. The VA will not cover courses that are not required for the student’s program of study.
- Students must notify the Snead State Community College VA Certifying Official of any changes in schedule, including complete withdrawals. Failure to notify our office could result in an overpayment.
- A VA hold is placed on all VA students' accounts once the certification of their enrollment has been submitted each term. The hold is placed on the student's account to prevent any changes of the schedule without notifying the VA Certifying Official. Holds are removed the day before registration of the upcoming term.
- If a veteran withdraws from a course that has been used in determining enrollment status, the VA may require repayment of all benefits received for that course.
- Once all required documents have been submitted to the Snead State Community College VA Certifying Official, the student’s enrollment will be certified to the Department of Veterans Affairs.
- Students receiving Chapter 30, 1606, and 1607 Educational Benefits must verify their attendance with the Department of Veteran Affairs. Verification of attendance must be completed on the last calendar day of each month during the certified enrollment period. Students will certify their enrollment by going to WAVE or by calling 1-877-823-2378.
Please be sure to review the VA Statement of Understanding
for additional information.