Snead 4 Summer

More and more opportunities are available for students choosing to take classes at Snead 4 Summer. If you're a current student, a new student or a student attending another college or university who wants to pick up a class or two (aka Transient student), our summer schedule has many classes - on-campus or online - available. Don't see the class you need in the summer schedule? Complete the form below and let us know the class you need. If we can add it to the schedule, we will let you know!

Summer Pell is Back!

If you used your Pell Grant award taking classes during the Fall 2017 and Spring 2018 semesters, your Summer Pell is already on your account. In order to take advantage of the additional Pell Grant award, eligible students must be enrolled in a minimum of six credit hours, be a returning or transfer student, and be otherwise academically eligible to receive aid. Transient students are not eligible for summer Pell Grant. To check eligibility or for more information, contact the Financial Aid Office

Transient Students

Students who are attending another college or university can register for a semester at Snead State, and once they complete classes, they can transfer those credits back, all while enrolled at the current college or university. Those students are called TRANSIENT students. The process for becoming a TRANSIENT student is simple. Just follow these steps:

  1. Apply for Admission as a transient student

  2. Submit a copy of your government-issued photo ID (such as a driver's license) to

  3. Complete and submit the signature/residency form to

  4. Submit a transient letter from the college or university you are attending. The letter should list the classes you are approved to take as a transient student at Snead State Community College this summer.

Once your admission information is processed, you'll be notified, and then you can register for the classes you need.

New Students

If you are thinking about starting college this summer, let Snead State be your first choice. Our variety of online classes allows you to complete your coursework without interrupting your summer plans. Eligible students should complete the 2017-2018 FAFSA. To enroll, click on the Start Here link and follow the steps to becoming a Snead State Parson!

Register for Summer Classes

Make sure to speak with an advisor about selecting the right schedule. Registration opens April 10. Classes begin May 29 for the full summer semester and the summer Mini I term and July 5 for the summer Mini II term.


Can't find the class you need? Complete the form below, and submit to our Academic Affairs office. Please include your most current contact information. If we can add the class, we'll let you know, so you can plan to register for the class.


Mailing Address*


Suggested Class to Add*