Athens State University
McCain Student Success and Career Center
The Athens State University Distance Learning Center at Snead State Community College is located in the McCain Student Success and Career Center on the main campus in Boaz. It was created to provide advising and additional services for prospective and current students, as well as offers some distance learning courses to area students.
The Center is managed by Alecia White, who is available to provide general information about all of Athens State University’s programs as well as assist students with the following:
- Admission processes, including admission application, joint enrollment, etc.
- Financial aid processes, including the FAFSA, scholarship information, etc.
- Unofficial transcript evaluation and transfer advising, as well as developing an unofficial plan of study
- Exam proctoring by appointment
- Ongoing support for students while enrolled at Athens State, including assistance with class scheduling and communication with Athens State main campus faculty and staff
In addition to the services offered by Ms. White, distance learning courses are frequently offered in education as well as additional programs on occasion.
While walk-ins are always welcome, to ensure you are able to meet with Mrs. White appointments are always recommended. As always, we’re thankful for your interest in Athens State University!
If you are interested in transferring to Athens State after Snead, please contact:
Mrs. Alecia White
Snead State Center Manager
Office Location: Top Floor of the McCain Student Success Center
Boaz Campus Office Hours: Monday, Tuesday and Friday from 8 a.m.-4:30 p.m.
For current class schedules and other information visit the Athens State University
Please note: Athens courses begin at the junior level. Students who wish to enroll must have completed 60 hours of coursework at the freshman and sophomore levels. If you are already admitted to Athens State University, you can register online. If not, you need to fill out an Athens application form.