Advising at Snead State Community College is designed to help students succeed and assist them in making the most of their college experience. Advisors are available in the Student Success and Career Center located on the top floor of the McCain Center on a walk-in or appointment basis. Faculty is also available to meet with students during their regularly scheduled office hours.
Advisors can assist you in planning your educational future. Advisors can help with:
• Short and long term academic planning
• Understanding the STARS Articulation Guide
• Providing information about transfer requirements
• Selecting the right courses for your major
• Information on registration procedures and class scheduling
• Answering questions about college policies
• Assisting with academic concerns and special needs
• Listening carefully to your questions and concerns
• Career assessments and planning
We want you to succeed! You may be a new student or a student with previous college experience. You may be a current student, a returning student or a transient student needing to take one class or complete a degree program. Whatever your status, an advisor is willing and waiting to meet with you to ensure that your academic experience at Snead State is a successful one.